At Derwent Group, we specialise in engineering projects for the aquaculture sector, offering our clients the most advanced technology. Oriented towards the sector of freshwater and saltwater fish production, we offer the following services:
- Design and execution of turnkey projects for freshwater and saltwater farms.
- Services including management, handling, provision of technology and consulting, as well as spare parts and additional machinery.
Our years of experience in animal nutrition, health and wellness make us knowledgeable and prepared with a broad vision. Drawing from our experience and knowledge, we offer our guidance and know-how to investors who wish to launch their industrial projects.
We have been betting on aquaculture engineering projects and freshwater and saltwater farms for years due to the high demand in the sector. Aquaculture is one of the fastest growing sectors in terms of food production, as highlighted by FAO: the sector currently accounts for more than 50% of global fish production for human consumption, and the proportion is expected to increase to 62% by 2030.
We are aware of the global importance of aquaculture and animal nutrition, and our objective is to work consistently to achieve the quality our clients demand in a sustainable way.
How We Work
We carry out new projects and upgrades, supervising and taking charge of responsibilities on demand. We work with each client on an individual basis, starting from scratch and with a plan created especially for each need.
Starting with an initial strategy, we plan the organisation of resources and the budget allocation and study the return on investment. We always strive to help our clients save time and money as effectively as possible, ensuring maximum competitiveness.
We share our know-how acquired after many years of work in the world of animal nutrition to develop the best solution for each type of product and the manufacturing requirements.
Due to our extensive experience with our own fish farms and aquaculture feed factories, we are an excellent partner for the construction of your aquaculture projects.
Drawing from our years of specialisation in the sector, we can adapt projects for different types of farms based on their complexity and level of technology. We place special emphasis on some of the most delicate phases, such as the breeding phase.
We design and build offshore, R.A.S or open circuit farms, delivering turnkey projects. In addition, we advise on all stages of production, from hatchery to fattening, for all types of aquaculture species and subsequent positioning in the markets.
Our commitment to aquaculture engineering projects encompasses society and the aquatic environment where we carry out our work. Every day, we work towards environmental sustainability, taking care of our oceans and rivers in a sustainable way.
In recent years, we have participated in engineering projects for the aquaculture sector all over the world. Some examples include:
- 1998: Off-Shore farm for gilt-head bream, European sea bass and croaker in Alicante, 2,000 TN.
- 1999: RAS System for eel, 300 TN.
- 2000: Off-Shore farm for gilt-head bream and European sea bass in Murcia, 1,000 TN.
- 2000: Gilt-head bream farm in Catalonia, 1,200 TN.
- 2001: Off-Shore farm in Alicante, 1,000 TN.
- 2002: Off-Shore farm for gilt-head bream and European sea bass in Greece, 1,500 TN.
- 2004: Off-Shore farm for European sea bass in Catalonia, 1,000 TN.
- 2009: Croaker project on land in Algeria, 300 TN.
- 2011: Hatchery project in Egypt for 20 million fry.
- 2013: Tilapia farm project in Egypt, 10,000 TN.
- 2013: Hatchery project in Tunisia for 20 million fry.
- 2014: Tilapia farm project in Egypt, 16,000 TN.
- 2015: Adaptation of gil-head bream farm in the Suez Canal, 20,000 TN.
- 2016: RAS engineering projects for salmon and turbot in the Black Sea.
- 2018: RAS engineering projects for hamour, gilt-head bream and cobia in the Middle East.
- 2020: RAS engineering project for amberjack in Alicante, 500 TN.
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea